Results-driven Sales Manager
WBBZ-TV in Buffalo, NY seeks a results-driven Sales Manager to manage local and national sales efforts. This experienced sales professional must have a winning attitude and a strong drive to succeed!
WBBZ-TV is WNY’s only locally owned and operated television station. The station is a MeTV affiliate, America’s #1 all-classic network. Each week, our viewers enjoy more than 50 of the greatest TV series ever made, selected from MeTV’s incredible library. In addition, WBBZ produces a wide-array of award-winning local programming, offering our advertisers a one-of-a kind marketing opportunity.
Our ideal candidate is a proven leader who is committed to creating a culture of excellence and building a high-performance local sales team.This candidate must lead, train, coach, and supervise Account Executives while creating a culture that fosters personal growth and development. The successful candidate will establish a clear framework of accountability and individual performance goals. The Sales Manager will also be responsible for managing and growing the station’s national sales efforts.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of three local sales account executives
- Oversee National Sales
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new team members as needed to maximize growth
- Create accurate sales forecasts on a quarterly basis, and update projections with actuals on an ongoing basis
- Provide detailed weekly sales reports to the management team outlining key performance metrics and sales performance
- Accurately identify, monitor and forecast sales and marketing trends for key business segments
- Develop quarterly strategies to grow new revenue and maximize existing customer business
- Effectively sell commercial inventory, paid programming and sponsorships for our unique local programming.
Specialized Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong problem solving, communication and analytical skills required
- Proven success in new business development
- Results-driven professional with a proven ability to set and exceed sales team revenue targets
- Strong problem solving, time-management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, performance focused environment
- Preferred minimum 3 years of media sales management experience
- Local television station experience preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google, and traffic platforms.
- Experience developing strategies and successfully executing to achieve long-range objectives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and performance
- Monthly mileage and cell phone allowance
- $150 per month contribution to Medical Coverage
- Paid time off – vacation and personal time
- 10 paid holidays
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know a little about yourself and why you are the perfect candidate to join the WBBZ family.